[CMake] simple cdash script

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 08:50:42 EDT 2011

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply. I understand that it makes sense for the make Experimental to skip the update step. Do you then mean to run something like
ctest -D ExperimentalStart    \
      -D ExperimentalUpdate   \
      -D ExperimentalBuild    \
      -D ExperimentalConfigure\
      -D ExperimentalTest     \
      -D ExperimentalSubmit
?

I tried to write a script which had the following content:

set(CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY "/path/to/source/")
set(CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY "${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}/build")

set(CTEST_CMAKE_GENERATOR "Unix Makefiles")
set(CTEST_UPDATE_COMMAND "svn")

ctest_empty_binary_directory(${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY})

ctest_start(Experimental)
ctest_update()
ctest_configure()
ctest_build()
ctest_test()
ctest_submit()

That seemed to work as expected, but then on the cdash web page, I had four separate submissions (one for each of update, configure, build, and testing), and none
of them had a site name. I guess I could set the CTEST_BUILD_NAME to get that working. I also did not get the initial cmake command output included. I would still think at the moment it is better with the "make Experimental" than this solution as it stands for me now.

Perhaps a simple shell script is the best way to go? That is what I am doing at the moment and it is not hugely important for me to have the update column populated. I am actually more curious about getting the full output from the initial cmake configuration included in the report.

Cheers,
Yngve