[CMake] simple cdash script

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 06:03:11 EDT 2011

Dear developers,

I am sure this has been answered before, but I cannot find the information. I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

I have set up our project with cmake/ctest, and have a cdash server running. I have configured everything so that if I run in the source directory

  mkdir build;cd build;cmake ..;make Experimental

then I get a submitted report in the Experimental category on the cdash server. Now, what I note here is that I do not get the configuration part included as a part of the report (it does run cmake a second time, but that only runs the "update part"), and I do not get the svn update (?). What I am looking for is a simple script that includes those two as well. In principle it should just need to explain ctest where the svn repository path is, and then tell it to run cmake+make+ctest for that project in a specified temporary folder. Everything else is set up in CMakeLists.txt and CTestConfig.cmake (including information about cdash server location++). The examples I've come across have been significantly more complex and I am a bit confused about what should be configured where clearly.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,
Yngve I. Levinsen