[CMake] FindCurses.cmake does not find libncurses.so

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:18:13 EDT 2011

On 14/06/2011 17:22, David Demelier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On FreeBSD the status of ncurses is particularly annoying. We have a old
> curses lib under /usr/lib/libcurses.so that does not provide ncurses
> functionalities.
>
> I tried the following CMakeLists.txt
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
> project(cmaketest)
>
> set(srcs "main.c")
>
> set(CURSES_NEED_NCURSES TRUE)
> find_package(Curses REQUIRED)
> message(${CURSES_LIBRARY})
>
> add_executable(test ${srcs})
>
> But it does not find my /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so (this one is what I
> want) it only stuck with /usr/lib/libcurses.so
>
> I of course can link directly to it, but I don't like this way.
>
> Cheers,

In fact I need to link against ncursesw that lives in
/usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so.

I saw this message http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg27411.html

About using wide detection with CURSES_NEED_WIDE optional argument. I
think it would be great to include this into the FindCurses.cmake file :)

Cheers,

--
David Demelier