[CMake] A CMake project called Help?

Alan Garny agarny at hellix.com
Fri Jun 10 10:50:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a CMake project with several sub-projects (plugins for my
application), one of which is called "Help". Now, everything works fine in
that it compiles and builds as expected. However, I do get a couple of
warnings:

   makefile:1227: warning: overriding commands for target `Help'

   makefile:257: warning: ignoring old commands for target `Help'

After checking the generated makefile, the issue is (obviously) that there
are two targets called "Help". One for my plugin and another so that one can
call "make help".

Now, is there a way to avoid this conflict, keeping in mind that I want my
plugin to keep being called Help.? I was hoping for some kind of a CMake
setting that would pre/ap-pend some text to a target name and thus avoid the
conflict, but I couldn't find anything like that.?

Cheers, Alan.