[CMake] CTest incorrectly parses valgrind output

Johannes Stallkamp johannes.stallkamp at rub.de
Thu Jun 9 07:48:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

Am 09.06.2011 13:20, schrieb Michael Wild:
> On 06/09/2011 01:11 PM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just notied that CTest 2.8.4 incorrectly parses valgrind's memcheck
>>> output because it does not always take into account that numbers
>>> reported by valgrind can be larger than 1,000 and then will contain a
>>> comma as thousand-delimiter. Therefore, many errors/potential errors
>>> are not correctly reported in the dashboard.
>>>
>>> Am I missing anything?
>>>
>>> The attached patch solves the problem. I hope I caught all cases.
>>> Should I open a bug report for this?
>>
>> Yes. And please use unified diff format. Preferred is if you could do a
>> checkout of CMake git and commit your patch (locally) and then do "git
>> format-patch HEAD^" and attach the resulting 0001-* file to the bug.
>>
>> Just from a quick look: shouldn't the regex be something like
>> [0-9]*(,[0-9]*)*?
>>
>> Eike
>

> Isn't the separator locale-dependent? What does the output look like if
> LC_ALL=C?
Don't know, does valgrind take this into account? I just used the same
regex that was already used in _some_ expressions (e.g. the
direct/indirect entry) and put in all (?) other locations where it
might be required.

@Eike: About the parens in the regex: I don't see how 100 % correct
parsing is required anyway. IMHO it is sufficient to be able to
distinguish between the different valgrind events and not to
accidentally include some console output of the test exectuable itself.

I will try my best with the you git suggestions (though I am an
absolute git newbie.....)

Johannes