[CMake] GenerateExportHeader macrr for CMake?

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Sun Jun 5 14:43:02 EDT 2011

Am Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011, 18:16:03 schrieb Michael Wild:
> On 06/05/2011 05:34 PM, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm not sure what you mean? Could you be more specific?
> >
> > This header file only contains static content. You don't even one
> > definition per library, it's the same for each anyway. I find it strange
> > to create a file that will always contain the same content. The
> > difference of MSVC vs. gcc4 can be fully handled in the export header
> > file. So why do you need CMake for that?
> >
> > HS
>
> That's not quite true. Each library will have it's own (hopefully
> unique) XXX_EXPORTS define (the DEFINE_SYMBOL property), otherwise the
> whole thing won't work.

You mean something like:
#ifdef FOO_EXPORTS
#include "export.h"
#define FOO_DLLEXPORT DLLEXPORT
#endif

This still makes export.h very static content. As I said in the old thread,
CMake is a build system, not a code-generator. If you can do something without
CMake easily, why should you use CMake in a more complicated way to do the
same thing?

HS