[CMake] GenerateExportHeader macrr for CMake?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:17:49 EDT 2011

Hi,

I came up with an idea to simplify the creation of export headers for hidden
visibility by using configure_file.

After implementing it I saw that the idea has come up before :)

http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg27058.html

Please see the attached proof of concept. Could we get something like
GenerateExportHeader.cmake and exportheader.cmake.in into CMake 2.8?

Alex tells me I'd have to maintain it, respond to bugs, and keep source
compatibility, so I guess I can say I'll do that :).

I know there are other special cases for other compilers, but I thought I'd
put the implementation of the concrete idea here for discussion at this
point.

Thanks,

Steve.