[CMake] VxWorks Cross Compilation Strategy

Dan Furtney dfurtney at cox.net
Fri Jun 3 19:28:51 EDT 2011

I need to perform cross compile builds for three different types of VxWorks compilers. I was able to build a simple program using the strategy provided on the wiki. This, however, does not let me target the a specific linker and scripts I need at link time.

Is development of a VxWorks.cmake profile the correct approach? If so, is there a preferred template for doing this? I have been looking at the eCos “platform” profile (Modules\Platform\eCos.cmake) and see some syntax I am not familiar with (i.e.  < and > in set commands).

I don’t mind a little extra effort for this to be done right but ultimately just need to get it working. TIA.