[CMake] [CMAKE] setting list with different directories ?

Maxime Lecourt maxime.lecourt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:18:50 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm having what is probably a newbie problem, but a problem to me.

I have C source files in two different directories, that I use to build a
dll, that is loaded by another C++ project.

I tried to build C objects and link with C++
set_target_properties(ppc PROPERTIES LINK_FLAGS "-Wl,--kill-at"
LINKER_LANGUAGE "CXX")
but I have linker problem (undefined references) when trying to link my C++
project.

So I decided to build my library as C++ and not C.
I thought about setting language properties of my source files as CXX, so it
would compile as C++, but did not work.

set(ppc_sources
    "operators.c"
    "iss_types.c"
    "iss_vars.c"
    "iss_fetch.c"
    "iss_instr.c"
    "iss_decode.c"
    "iss_mem.c"
    "emul.c"
    "iss_code.c"
    "../extern/loader.c"
    "../extern/system.c"
    "../extern/exception.c"
    "../extern/random.c"
    "../extern/sys_call.c"
    "../extern/dump.c"
    )
set_source_files_properties(TARGET ${ppc_sources} PROPERTY LANGUAGE "CXX")

I tried that, which did not work, so I tried to add the files in extern
directory by first finding them with find_file. I found the files, added
them to the ppc_source list, but now have problems changing properties of
the files in current directory (either that or extern files are skipped at
compilation).

What is the right way to do ?

Regards,

Maxime Lecourt