[CMake] Using -DOPTION="something=moof" mangles the OPTION value to "something:UNINITIALIZED=moof"

Marcus Fritzsch fritschy at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 30 05:20:41 EDT 2011

Hi michael,

On 8/29/11, Michael Hertling <mhertling at online.de> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Could you try with this exemplary project and report the results,
> especially the exact command line? BTW, which shell do you use?

I am a (proud) zshell user - but used rigorous quoting around the
command line anyway ;).

Quoting the whole command line argument (in this exact command) gives
the same result:

   % cmake "-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-O3 -march=native" ..
   % grep "CXX_FLAGS=" CMakeCache.txt
   CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-O3 -march:UNINITIALIZED=native

Cheers,
Marcus