[CMake] Working with MSVC10

Steve Casselman sc at drccomputer.com
Mon Aug 29 15:34:19 EDT 2011

Nope. It finds part of a list of required files.  For example it finds
stdarg.h but not stdlib.h. If I rename stdarg.h (in the same directory as
stdlib.h) then it can't find stdarg.h (what you would expect).

I'm about ready to give up. I've check all the permissions. It's a standard
installation of Visual Studio 10 cmake finds a on file in the correct
directory but not the next file.

CHECK_REQUIRED_HEADERS (  stdarg.h stddef.h ctype.h stdlib.h stdio.h
algorithm

                                     functional map vector list set math.h
fcntl.h limits.h)

calls

#required headers

MACRO(CHECK_REQUIRED_HEADERS COMPULSARY_HEADERS)

    FOREACH(func ${ARGV})

       STRING(TOUPPER ${func} FUNC)

       STRING(REPLACE . _ FUNC ${FUNC})

       CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX (${func} HAVE_${FUNC})

       IF ( HAVE_${FUNC} )

           SET(_CL_HAVE_${FUNC} ${FUNC})

       ENDIF ( HAVE_${FUNC} )

       IF ( NOT HAVE_${FUNC} )

              MESSAGE ( FATAL_ERROR "${func} could not be found" )

       ENDIF ( NOT HAVE_${FUNC} )

    ENDFOREACH(func ${COMPULSARY_HEADERS})

ENDMACRO(CHECK_REQUIRED_HEADERS)

Steve