[CMake] CMake FindBLAS and FindLAPACK patches

don la dieu nega at icecube.umd.edu
Sat Aug 27 13:21:28 EDT 2011

Hi Alexey-

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Attached are updates to the FindBLAS you sent me (well, actually trunk.)
FindLAPACK was fine. It tightens up the default directory detection (it
prefers the the most current version it can find) and fixes a couple of
typos. I didn't add the recently released ACML v5.0.0. AMD changed
things up with that release, and it will probably require an additional
BLA_VENDOR.

Also, I've attached 2 patches that improve "Generic" detection on Ubuntu
(and I assume Debian), and works with the libblas3gf and liblapack3gf
packages. It does this by saving/changing/restoring
CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES. I added BLAS_STATIC to that logic too.
Note, these are are against 2.8.5. I can update them to trunk if you want.

I found 2 minor bugs which I haven't patched as I'm not sure how you
wanted to address it. BLA_VENDORs "Apple" (Accelerate Framework) and
"NAS" (vecLib Framework) fail as 'cblas_dgemm_' doesn't exist.
'clbas_dgemm' and I think 'dgemm_' do though.

CC'd the list as this note might be relevant to others.

Don