[CMake] Put CMake project into normal VS2005 solution with other projects and Cmake on multiple machine...

Guang Yang Guang.Yang at medicsight.com
Fri Aug 26 12:24:32 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I am a newbie to Cmake, and I am working on an ITK/VTK based project.
May I ask two questions please?

1. I have got a Visual Studio (VS 2005) solution with several different
projects depend on each other inside.

For example, three normal VS2005 project to produce dlls, and one VS2005
project for exe.

Then I have some codes need to link to ITK/VTK and I want to build this
to a .dll project using Cmake, and may

I ask how to do it please?

And also may I ask how to put this .dll project into my VS2005 solution.
(I don't want to manage many solutions)

2. I have build my project using CMake before (create a VS2005 solution
for a exe project not dll). But when I

try to build it on my another machine, directly copy doesn't work.

I need to copy my source files and CMakeList.txt, and run the Camke
again and build the project at the new

machine again.

For normal VS2005 project, I just need to copy all the solution file in
the directory to another computer and

build it.

Any ideas like setting some environment variables to the CMakeList to
make the job easier?

Thanks very much,

Aaron

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received
it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Further, we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to verify that this email and any attachments are free of viruses as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.

Medicsight PLC Company Registration No: 4268510 Place of Registration: England & Wales Registered Office: The Kensington, 66 Hammersmith Road, London W14 8UD