[CMake] Call for community dashboard submissions

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Aug 23 12:20:38 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de> wrote:
>> Good morning, CMake-ers...
>>
>> Some gloomy news for some of our platforms (Sun, QNX):
>
> [...]
>
>> - is there anybody else out there that could offer Continuous and
>> Nightly dashboards for the QNX platform?
>
> I can't, but getting this is actually not very problematic. QNX offers a
> developer program that is free of charge and allows download of their
> software. This stuff runs pretty ok at least on Linux/KVM, likely also in
> other virtualization environments. So all this should be solvable without
> any additional hardware (as needed for the Sun stuff). The only thing that
> you have to live with is that it is sometimes creepingly slow and QNX 6.5
> has a know bug on booting that randomly prevents it from proper starting
> on KVM. Trying again is enough there to get it eventually boot.
>
> If someone is willing to do this I would offer to add a helping hand every
> now and then. Ideally this would be a machine inside Kitware to make sure
> it's continued availability...
>
> Eike

Does anybody have any further input on this thread?

Any volunteers to submit a dashboard on Sun or QNX platforms?

I don't think the ideal QNX machine resides inside Kitware, because we
do not have any direct connection to that platform for any of our
projects (to the best of my knowledge...) I think ideally, folks who
rely on using CMake on the QNX platform and have decent platform
knowledge would be better suited to keeping a CMake dashboard
submission going into the future.

Thanks,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.