[CMake] [CPACK] CPack not working properly

Renato Utsch renatoutsch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:12:36 EDT 2011

Hello CMake Experts!

I don't know if it's here that I have to ask, so if I'm wrong, please tell
me.

I used the CPack and it stopped making the binary package at the middle of
the process, running like this:

-----
Run CPack packaging tool...
CPack: Create package using STGZ
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: hello
CPack: - Install project: hello
CPack: Create package
CPack: - package: /home/renato/devel/CMakeTest/
build/hello-0.1.1-Linux.sh <http://hello-0.1.1-linux.sh/> generated.
CPack: Create package using TBZ2
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: hello
CPack: - Install project: hello
CPack: Create package
CPack: - package:
/home/renato/devel/CMakeTest/build/hello-0.1.1-Linux.tar.bz2 generated.
-----

It does not add the files to the package, so it becomes a empty package,
which does not have any file?

How can I solve that too?

I don't know if it matters, but here's my CMakeLists.txt:

-----
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.8)
INCLUDE(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)
PROJECT(hello C)
OPTION(USE_SHARED_LIBRARY "Use a Shared Library" OFF)
IF(USE_SHARED_LIBRARY)
    ADD_LIBRARY(hellolib SHARED hellolib.c)
ELSE(USE_SHARED_LIBRARY)
    ADD_LIBRARY(hellolib STATIC hellolib.c)