[CMake] Error running link command: Bus error

Patrick Gampp hr824 at gmx.de
Tue Aug 23 05:48:14 EDT 2011

> What is your environment like? The Tutorial steps run on all of our
> CMake dashboards, and we have several "Unix Makefiles" dashboards
> running on various Macs. We do not see this error anywhere...

Mac Hardware:

  Model Name:	Mac mini
  Model Identifier:	Macmini4,1
  Processor Name:	Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:	2,66 GHz
  Number Of Processors:	1
  Total Number Of Cores:	2
  L2 Cache:	3 MB
  Memory:	8 GB
  Bus Speed:	1,07 GHz
  Boot ROM Version:	MM41.0042.B00

Mac Software:

  System Version:	Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
  Kernel Version:	Darwin 10.8.0
  Boot Volume:	Macintosh HD
  Boot Mode:	Normal
  Computer Name:	mac151
  Secure Virtual Memory:	Not Enabled
  64-bit Kernel and Extensions:	No

CMake Version 2.8.5

> Do you have CC and/or CXX set to something?

I used the Tutorial/Step2/CMakeLists.txt without modifying it.
For my own project, I didn't set CC or CXX in my CMakeLists.txt file.

> Do you have a non-traditional or self-built compiler installed in your
> environment?

No.

> MacPorts / Fink / some other non-Apple compiler? [...]

I use Fink, and downloaded some libraries, but I didn't download/install a compiler intentionally via Fink.

> (And what version of Xcode and Mac OS X?)

I use Xcode 4.

Developer Information:

  Version:	4.0 (4A2002a)
  Location:	/Developer