[CMake] Error running link command: Bus error

Patrick Gampp hr824 at gmx.de
Mon Aug 22 04:45:48 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I did some cmake projects on MacOSX with the Xcode-generator and everything works fine.

But when I use the unix makefiles cmake generator, my projects cannot correctly be built.
I tried to build a minimal example from the cmake Tutorial, where step1 works but step 2 does not.

I get the following error (which is the same, when I try to build my projects with make) for Tutorial/step2:

---
mac151:mac32 gmp$ make
Scanning dependencies of target MathFunctions
[ 50%] Building CXX object MathFunctions/CMakeFiles/MathFunctions.dir/mysqrt.cxx.o
Linking CXX static library libMathFunctions.a
Error running link command: Bus error
make[2]: *** [MathFunctions/libMathFunctions.a] Error 1
make[1]: *** [MathFunctions/CMakeFiles/MathFunctions.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
---

Can anyone give my a hint for the reason of this error?

Thanks,
Patrick