[CMake] Nested Project()

klaas.holwerda ngi at klaasholwerda.nl
Mon Aug 15 16:43:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have several nested directories, and each directory contains a CMakeLists.txt file.
And most start with PROJECT( xxxx ) Where xxx is some name for what I like to contains some targets.

In VC it is possible to create in the top solution, so called solution folders.
Why does CMake not use the PROJECT() statement to create such solution folders, in order to group
targets?

If I remember well, in older versions of Cmake its VC generators, this was like that.
I even remember the documentation of PROJECT() did mention it as a special feature for VC in those days.
Why is it gone?

Regards,

Klaas