[CMake] Sub dependencies?

Doug douglas.linder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 05:02:21 EDT 2011

Hrm... this seems like something cmake should be able to do, but I don't
know how to make it work.

If I have library A, that depends on a library and an executable project
that depends on library A, how can the executable project resolve the sub
dependencies from A?

Specifically libpng in my case:

I have a library that depends on libpng.

I run cmake to build the library no problem.

Then I try to compile a program that depends on the library and get a heap
of errors like:

 undefined reference to `png_set_read_fn'
 etc. etc.

Presumably this is something about how I depend on the library? I'm using
the LibFindMacros, so my cmake module looks like this for the library:

include(LibFindMacros)

find_path(LIBNW_INCLUDE_DIR NAMES nw.h PATHS ${LIBNW_PKGCONF_INCLUDE_DIRS})

find_library(LIBNW_LIBRARY NAMES nw PATHS ${LIBNW_PKGCONF_LIBRARY_DIRS})

set(LIBNW_PROCESS_INCLUDES LIBNW_INCLUDE_DIR)
set(LIBNW_PROCESS_LIBS LIBNW_LIBRARY LIBNW_LIBRARIES)

libfind_process(LIBNW)

 I know I can use ADD_SUBDIRECTORY to include stuff for a sub dir, but that
isn't really appropriate in this case.

~
Doug.