[CMake] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

Glenn Coombs glenn.coombs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:19:33 EDT 2011

Probably too late now and there isn't a bug filed so far as I know, but one
thing I would love to see added to cmake is an append command so that lines
like this:

    set(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE "${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE}
/INCREMENTAL:NO")

become shorter and easier to understand:

    append(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE "/INCREMENTAL:NO")

The existing syntax for the set command is just ugly when appending.  I know
you can define a macro or function to do this but I just feel that it should
be supported out of the box as it would make CMakeLists.txt files more
readable.

--
Glenn