[CMake] "server paths" on windows

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:59:48 EDT 2011

Dear developers,

I believe I *potentially* have found a problem with cmake on windows. I had my project path starting with \\my.url\dfs\bla\bla\project, and when I
tried to generate MinGW makefiles I got errors telling me that the compilers were broken. I moved my project to D:\bla\My Documents\project, and
the generation went fine. I suspect that \\ was replaced by single \, hence using an invalid path. I could also be simply wrong, I am completely lost in
a non-unix environment (it took me an hour to understand there actually is something called PATH on Windows as well..).

Please ask if any information is needed. I am using CMake 2.8.5 I believe (definitely 2.8). Things are a bit confusing for me since I am not used to
Windows, and this is a remote desktop. I believe it is XP 32 bit.

Actually, now I'm lost again. I moved my project folder one level down from "My Documents", and then I got the same errors. The full path was then
D:\Profiles\username\project\, with a build folder inside. I post this mail anyway in case it is useful for any debugging purposes. Add "My Documents"
between username and project, and it works.

Best Regards,
Yngve