[CMake] cmake support D programming?

jonathan MERCIER bioinfornatics at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 03:21:10 EDT 2011

Le samedi 06 août 2011 à 20:00 -0700, Alan W. Irwin a écrit :
> Hi Jonathan:
>
> I certainly agree with your implicit assumption that D language
> support is important for CMake.
>
> On 2011-08-07 03:00+0200 jonathan MERCIER wrote:
>
> > Since Fedora 16 will add a D2 compiler (ldc), i would like to know if
> > cmake support yet this language?
>
> As far as I know, not directly, but there is dated CMake language support
> for D via third parties.
>
> If you download the stable version of CMake D language support (trunk-r29.zip)
> from http://www.dsource.org/projects/cmaked, you will find files
> dated 2007-08-28 in that zip.
>
> Werner Smekal of the PLplot project downloaded those in 2009, and we
> have updated those files a bit afterwards.  They seem to work for us
> even for CMake-2.8.5, but we are not expert enough to answer questions
> about those files. (For example, we have changed things by rote
> without much understanding of language support under CMake other than
> what you can read at cmake-2.8.5/Modules/CMakeAddNewLanguage.txt).
> You will find our versions of those D language support files at
>
> http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/cmake/modules/language_support/cmake/
> and
> http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/cmake/modules/language_support/cmake/Platform
>
> Ideally, CMake developers will take over these modules at some point
> or better yet develop D language support for modern CMake by doing the
> necessary minor modifications of the modern C language support they have
> already developed.
>
> Same comment about the Ada language support files that are at the same
> PLplot location and which also work for us under the same conditions
> (mostly by rote with very little understanding).
>
> Alan
> __________________________
> Alan W. Irwin
>
> Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and Astronomy,
>
> Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state implementation
> for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting software
> package (plplot.org); the libLASi project (unifont.org/lasi); the Loads of
> Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
> (lbproject.sf.net).
> __________________________
>
> Linux-powered Science
> __________________________

Thanks for your answer, i have read this file:
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/cmake/modules/language_support/cmake/Platform/Linux-dmd.cmake?revision=10805&view=markup

And i see a problem, line 28:
SET (CMAKE_D_FLAGS_INIT "-version=Posix ${DSTDLIB_FLAGS} -I
$ENV{D_PATH}/include -I$ENV{D_PATH}/import")

include dir and import dir is same thing and in fedora d includedir is
loctated in /usr/include/d or here path have a hardcoded suffix
"/include" & "/import"

--
jonathan MERCIER <bioinfornatics at gmail.com>