[CMake] RPATH on Mac

tog guillaume.alleon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 07:17:04 EDT 2011

Dear all

I have a project in which I would like to use rpath on Mac OS.
Everything is going fine if I am building everything manually (i.e.
without CMake)

With CMake all is fine for the libs between the build and the
installation, all libs are processed with install_name_tool.
But nothing is done for the executable (checked from cmake_install.cmake)

In the build phase, I don't see any -Wl,-rpath,... added on the command line.

What do I miss there ?

I have been using:

SET(CMAKE_SKIP_BUILD_RPATH FALSE)
SET(CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH FALSE)
SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH TRUE)
SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${EXAMPLE_INSTALL_LIB_DIR}")

as indicated in the Wiki.

Is there  tool on the Mac to get rpath from the executable ?

Thanks for your help
Guillaume

--
PGP KeyID: 2048R/EA31CFC9  subkeys.pgp.net