[CMake] Mac OS Quick Look plugin support

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Thu Oct 21 04:35:42 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am rather new to Mac OS X and am trying to port a custom file
preview plugin I had for KDE 4.

Using CMake and KDE 4, building and installing such a plugin was
fairly simple, thanks to
  kio/thumbcreator.h in KDE
and the
  kde4_add_plugin function from KDE4Macros.cmake
  http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake?view=markup

Now for Mac OS X, I guess the easiest would be to write a custom Quick
Look plugin as is done for example at
  http://groups.google.com/group/dtitk/web/What+does+it+do%3F
or
  http://root.cern.ch/viewvc/trunk/misc/rootql/

All the resources I found so far on the subject rely on using XCode
which I have no experience with. Also, I'd rather have that my entire
project could be build using cmake only.

Is anybody here familiar with building Quick Look plugins from CMake?

If not, would someone recommend a particular course of action to try
and call XCode from CMake for this particular matter? Would using
ExternalProject_Add be the way to go?
  http://www.kitware.com/products/html/BuildingExternalProjectsWithCMake2.8.html

Thanks,
Tom