No subject

Tue Nov 2 11:10:42 EDT 2010

one directory by tool project, I'll need to add_subdirectory() for each tool
project, right?
I'll try to us that in my main repo that have to know the projects anyway.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 17:20, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:

> Every "project(...)" command in a CMakeLists.txt file (we expect at
> most one in any given CMakeLists.txt file) results in a *.sln file
> being generated for use with Visual Studio.
>
> Every add_library(...), add_executable(...) and add_custom_target(...)
> results in a *.vcproj or *.vcxproj file being generated for Visual
> Studio.
>
> The behavior you are seeing is probably due to the use of the
> "add_subdirectory(...)" command. CMake does not "scan" anything
> automatically. You must explicitly say what CMakeLists.txt files in
> sub-directories you want to read.
>

> HTH,
> David
>

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Klaim <mjklaim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, a part of my sentence got cut :
> >  I don't understand what makes, for example, the CLang project generate
> > different projects in the Visual Studio solution generated depending on
> the
> > project folder content in LLVM repo. Or maybe it's automatic because
> Cmake
> > will scan all the subfolders of folders where there is a CMakeLists.txt?
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 16:53, Klaim <mjklaim at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't understand what makes, for example, the CLang project generate
> >> different projects in the solution folder depending on the project
> folder
> >> content in LLVM repo? Or maybe it's automatic because Cmake will scan
> all
> >> the subfolders of folders where there is a CMakeLists.txt?

> > Powered by www.kitware.com

> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

--00221534d4cf89dded0496ecccd0

Thanks it&#39;s more clear.=C2=A0<div>From what I read in the documentation=
, if I have a &quot;tools&quot; directory with one directory by tool projec=
t, I&#39;ll need to=C2=A0<span style=3D"font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-=
size:10.8333px;border-collapse:collapse;color:rgb(51, 51, 51)">add_subdirec=
tory() </span>for=C2=A0each tool project, right?</div>
an dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:david.cole at kitware.com" target=3D"_bla=
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-le=
ft:1ex">

Every &quot;project(...)&quot; command in a CMakeLists.txt file (we expect =
at<br>
most one in any given CMakeLists.txt file) results in a *.sln file<br>
being generated for use with Visual Studio.<br>
Every add_library(...), add_executable(...) and add_custom_target(...)<br>
results in a *.vcproj or *.vcxproj file being generated for Visual<br>
Studio.<br>
The behavior you are seeing is probably due to the use of the<br>
&quot;add_subdirectory(...)&quot; command. CMake does not &quot;scan&quot; =
anything<br>
automatically. You must explicitly say what CMakeLists.txt files in<br>
sub-directories you want to read.<br>
HTH,<br>
David<br>
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Klaim &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mjklaim at gmail.=
com" target=3D"_blank">mjklaim at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Sorry, a part of my sentence got cut :<br>
&gt; =C2=A0I don&#39;t understand what makes, for example, the CLang projec=
t generate<br>
&gt; different projects in the Visual Studio solution generated depending o=
n the<br>
&gt; project folder content in LLVM repo. Or maybe it&#39;s automatic becau=
se Cmake<br>
&gt; will scan all the subfolders of folders where there is a CMakeLists.tx=
t?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 16:53, Klaim &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mjklaim at gmai=
l.com" target=3D"_blank">mjklaim at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; I don&#39;t understand what makes, for example, the CLang project =
generate<br>
&gt;&gt; different projects in the solution folder depending on the project=
 folder<br>
&gt;&gt; content in LLVM repo? Or maybe it&#39;s automatic because Cmake wi=
ll scan all<br>
&gt;&gt; the subfolders of folders where there is a CMakeLists.txt?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Powered by <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com" target=3D"_blank">www.ki=
tware.com</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" target=3D"_blank">http=
://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target=3D"_bla=