[CMake] Problems to find xmlrpc_server_abyss++.so on FreeBSD

Renato Botelho rbgarga at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 18:20:58 EST 2010

Hi,

It's the first project i'm migrating from autotools to cmake,
and it's going really well, in 4 days it's almost done. \o/

The only issue I have now is following, i have this code
on my CMakeLists.txt:

find_package (XMLRPC REQUIRED abyss-server c++2)
message(STATUS "xmlrpc-libs: ${XMLRPC_LIBRARIES}")

When I run it on CentOS 5.5 with cmake 2.6.4 i got:

xmlrpc-libs: /usr/lib64/libxmlrpc_server_abyss++.so

and my binary is linked without problems, but, when I run
the same code on my FreeBSD 9.0-current amd64 with
cmake 2.8.3 I got:

xmlrpc-libs: /usr/local/lib/libxmlrpc++.so;/usr/local/lib/libxmlrpc_server_abyss.so;/usr/local/lib/libxmlrpc_server.so;/usr/local/lib/libxmlrpc_abyss.so;/usr/local/lib/libxmlrpc.so;/usr/local/lib/libxmlrpc_util.so;/usr/local/lib/libxmlrpc_xmlparse.so;/usr/local/lib/libxmlrpc_xmltok.so

and my binary is not linked because xmlrpc_server_abyss++.so
is not on the list.

What am I missing here?

Ah, since i'm talking about FindXMLRPC, I used REQUIRED
param, like i showed above, but if it doesn't find xmlrpc
it shows an error message but don't stop, i needed to add
this:

if (NOT XMLRPC_FOUND)
  message (FATAL_ERROR "XMLRPC-C not found")
endif (NOT XMLRPC_FOUND)

Is it the expected behavior?

Thank you in advance
--