[CMake] cpack, deb file & static libraries

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 10:15:27 EST 2010

2010/11/20 Paolo Zaffino <p.zaffino at yahoo.it>:
> Dear all,
> I builded a deb file using cpack.
> The package work fine but I have a question for you.
> During the compiling (run by cpack command) are generated some static
> libraries that will be included into the package.
> I don't want include the *.a files...do you know a way for exclude them from
> the deb file?

If you don't want to include some targets (including static libs) you should
just not INSTALL(...) them in yor CMakeLists.txt

If you want to install those static libs BUT not include them in the .deb
(which is weird but ok) then there is currently no way to do that.
This can be done by patching CPackDeb.cmake but would you
really want to do that?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org