[CMake] cmake, latex docbook

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Fri Nov 19 09:37:53 EST 2010

Zitat von "Cliff Yapp" <cliffyapp at gmail.com>:

> On 11/19/2010 03:31 AM, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
>> Zitat von luxInteg <lux-integ at btconnect.com>:
>>>  I am learning  cmake
>>>  I downloaded CMakeUseLatex from
>>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeUserUseLATEX
>>>
>>> and I scanned through the pdf file but I did not see any references
>>> to  TEX
>>> binaries  such  docbook2html, dblatex etc.  So lets say  I have a
>>> couple a
>>> docbook_xml files   xyxy.docbook abab.docbook
>>
>> You can use this module:
>> http://gitorious.org/openobex/mainline/blobs/master/CMakeModules/FindDocbook.cmake
>>
>> http://gitorious.org/openobex/mainline/blobs/master/CMakeModules/UseDocbook.cmake
>>
>> which need (Find|Use)Xslt.cmake.
>>
>> It needs some improvements but works pretty well for manpage and HTML
>> generation. PDF generation can be added with fop.
>> You need a XSLT1.1 program (xsltproc, saxon6.5.x or xalan2.x).
>>
>> HS
>
> Those look quite interesting.  Looking at the toplevel project, it
> appears to be GPL - is there any chance you could license those specific
> files under the same license as CMake?  Perhaps they could be polished
> into Docbook modules that we could propose for inclusion in CMake
> proper, if that is of interest to the Kitware guys.

I am the only author of those modules and you can put them under the
same license as cmake if you wish to do so.

Following things can be improved:
The list of generated files is currently determined at cmake time,
thus you must re-run cmake when that list possibly changes (which is
not on every edit).
Additionally, that list generation only works with reference and
refentry tags, so even fails with the docbook that cmake generates.
However, generating the list of file is independent from all of the
other functionality.

HS