[CMake] Run compiler through another tool?

Micha Renner Micha.Renner at t-online.de
Wed Nov 17 05:50:01 EST 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 17.11.2010, 15:07 +0530 schrieb Hariharan:
> Is it possible to run the compiler and linker through another command,
> say "time" or a custom script? In other words, I want the compile and
> link steps to run "<command> gcc" and "<command> ld".

In this case you have to work with a combination of the CMake commands
add_custom_command, add_custom_target, add_dependencies.

As an idea: Maybe you can find CMake-projects which work with C#, which
is currently, as much as I know, not supported by CMake.
They do pretty much the same, what you want to do. (Of course there are
principal differences).

Greetings

Micha