[CMake] BundleUtilities

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:06:51 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
> I think we used Qt as a basis because lots of people at the time were asking
> for it. Probably the simplest to demonstrate would be an example that builds
> a dynamic library and an executable that uses that library so therefor it
> must be packaged with the executable. Were you wanting to write the example
> or wondering if someone else has one?
> Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net

I was wondering if someone else has one :) / encouraging it to be
produced if it does not already exist. Unfortunately I can't dig into
the code to write it myself.

I think your suggestion of the VERY simplest case is a great one. If
we had that as well as how to do it with another big library (VTK),
this would hopefully be a much more usable tool.

I think these would be good homes for them:
http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Examples/BundleUtilities/Simple
http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Examples/BundleUtilities/VTK
http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Examples/BundleUtilities/Qt

David