[CMake] Eciipse and multiple configuration

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Tue Nov 16 10:03:08 EST 2010

You really can't, unfortunately because only one configuration is possible
per CMake build directory with the Makefile generator.  Most people set
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Debug when using the Eclipse CDT4 Generator so they can
debug.

If you need to test regularly with release binaries, one solution is to
create a second build directory with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE set to Release
pointing it to the same source tree as your Debug build.

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Andrea Galeazzi <galeazzi at korg.it> wrote:

> I followed the tutorial at
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator in order to generate an
> Eclipse project.
> The only difference is that I select eclipseCDT - MiinGW Makefiles instead
> of eclipseCDT -Unix Makefiles".
> What I don't understand is how can I manage multiple configurations in the
> same project (for example Debug/Release) if the cmake-gui requires a
> specific CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.
> Sorry but I'm a CMake newbie......
> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ