[CMake] make test missing

Jochen Issing iss at ieee.org
Mon Nov 8 16:03:24 EST 2010

Hi list,

I tried to add ctest to my project and did this by adding ENABLE_TESTING() and several ADD_TEST(...) to my CMakeLists.txt file.
The tests are run on executables, which are built inside a dedicated test directory in my project root and the execs show up in my Makefile.
After reading through some docs, I am told to call make test after building. However, no target named 'test' is available.

Here my question: Does my directory 'test' interfere with the 'test' rule or do I have to install the executables before testing or do I still miss something?

Anyhow, 'ctest -D Experimental' seems to do something :/

Also, I am not sure if I need to setup a Dashboard-Server to use testing at all. I suppose it's possible without a dashboard, but don't know how.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,

- jochen
gpg: 1024D/013400C7