[CMake] findAtlas cmake

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Thu Nov 4 12:10:04 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 03 November 2010 05:37:45 Michael Wild wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 11/03/2010 12:48 AM, luxInteg wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am a  novice  at cmake  and   attempting to compile lapack-3.2.2 on a
> > computer with these:-
> > ---cpu amd64 2 cores
> > ---BLAS: atlas3.9.26 in /usr/local/atlas
> > ---gcc-4.2.2/gfortran cmake-2.8
> >

> > here is a list of algebra stuff in /usr/local/atlas/lib
> > root [ ~ ]# ls /usr/local/atlas/lib
> > libacml_mp.so  libatlas.a   libcblas.a   libf77blas.a    libptcblas.a
> > libptf77blas.a
> > libacml_mv.so  libatlas.so  libcblas.so  libf77blas.so   libptcblas.so
> > libptf77blas.so
> > root [ ~ ]#
> >

> > There is a FindBLAS module in ~share/cmake-2.8/modules  but no search
> > paths are set   for  linux.
>
> That's not necessary, since CMake searches the common locations on its
> own. Now, /usr/local would be common, but not /usr/local/atlas.
>
> > And as a complete ignoramous  I cannot see anywhere one could poke one.
>
> Set the environment variable CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to /usr/local/atlas
> before you run CMake. This tells CMake to first go look in
> /usr/local/atlas, and only then consider all the other default locations.

Thanks a lot.   I set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH and  'BLAS" was fuind.

HOWEVER I have the foollowing in /usr/local/atlas/lib.

rt [ ~ ]$ ls /usr/local/atlas/lib
libacml_mp.so  libatlas.a   libcblas.a   libf77blas.a    libptcblas.a
libptf77blas.a
libacml_mv.so  libatlas.so  libcblas.so  libf77blas.so   libptcblas.so
libptf77blas.so
rt [ ~ ]$

Do you (or others on list know if  ALL  of these are  'found'  by
FindBLAS.cmake?  I am asking this as  I have applications downstream
that require linking to  -latlas -lf77blas and -lptf77blas  while others  the
cblas(es).  A related question also IS:- does one need to set the LDFLAGS
envar to be able to  set  "target_lib_libraries( -lxxx -lyyy )"  or are those
invoked by a successful application fo FindBLAS.cmake ?