[CMake] compiler options per platform

Thomas Lehmann t.lehmann at rtsgroup.net
Thu Nov 4 09:30:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

Best practice:
I have no yet realized how to set compiler options per platform.

-          Ensuring that "rtti" is enabled on Windows, Linux and Solaris.

-          Ensuring that "exceptions" are enabled on Windows, Linux and Solaris.

-          Setting the default compilers (on one Solaris machine I did have GNU
and the cc/CC compilers and cmake took GNU but I want to have cc/CC.
Of course I know how to use another on the command line but I would
prefer to set this as a "default" for each Solaris system.

-          How to tell best to make 32 bit / 64 bit builds for Windows, Linux and Solaris?
Also a 32 bit build should be possible on a 64 bit machine.

Can somebody please provide some help?

Kind Regards
Thomas

Thomas Lehmann
Scrum Master

[cid:rts-logo.png at deac82b9796444a680971a8be6bb5808]

RTS Realtime Systems Software GmbH, Rembrandtstrasse 13, D-60596 Frankfurt am Main
T: +49.69.61009.0 / F: +49.69.61009.181

Sitz: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 84467 Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Steffen Gemuenden, Igor Sluga

www.rtsgroup.net

This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify me immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.