[CMake] CMake 2.8.3-rc4 ready for testing!

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Nov 3 21:23:14 EDT 2010

On 11/3/2010 6:00 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2010/11/3 David Cole<david.cole at kitware.com>:
>>>
>>> It should be fine. CMake should handle .h files that have this property
>>> set. We should fix it. (And we will -- probably in the 2.8.4 release.)
>
> OK no problem.
>
> Sorry for being late to test that combination but I'm not usually
> using Windows box
> and even more rarely VS2010...
>
>>> But, for now, you should be able to work around it on your side by
>>> removing the sha.1 from the list of files in your
>>> set_source_files_properties call.
>
> True just tested that. It works.
>
>> I meant "...removing the sha1.h from ..."
>
> I inferred that too :-)

If you don't want that file to be compiled, then setting the language to
"C" is wrong, and is likely to produce unexpected behavior.  It is
telling CMake that the file is a C file and it should be compiled.
CMake should of course not create a VS project that fails to load
because of this, but it might do other odd things when you try and treat
a .h file like it is a .c file.

-Bill