[CMake] CMake 2.8.3-rc4 ready for testing!

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:16:54 EDT 2010

2010/10/30 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> The CMake 2.8.3 release candidate stream continues!
> You can find the source and binaries here:
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/?C=M;O=D
>
> EXCEPT: There are not yet Irix or Sun pre-built binary
> installers available for CMake 2.8.3-rc4. There is a
> failing (HTML documentation validity checking) test on
> some platforms that appears to be unrelated to any CMake
> source code changes. That test failure is preventing the
> release building process from completing today on those
> platforms. If that issue clears up soon, I'll re-do the
> installers on those platforms. If not, just use rc3, or
> build from source. We'll address this before the final
> release.
>
> This will be the LAST release candidate for 2.8.3
> unless a major regression is reported. So please
> try it on your projects and let us know right away
> about any problems.

I "may" have a problem with Visual Studio 2010 generator.
The concerned project CERTI (https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/certi)
builds fine on on several using CMake.

But when we try to build CERTI with CMake 2.8.2 (or 2.8.3rc4) we get
a solution file which fails to load completely because because one vcproj
contains an apparently mis-closed statement:

offending lines are those one:
[...]
    <None Include="..\..\certi-HEAD\libHLA\HLAvariantRecord.hh" />
    <ClInclude Include="..\..\certi-HEAD\libHLA\sha1.h">
      <ObjectFileName>$(IntDir)/sha1.obj</ObjectFileName>
    </ClCompile>
    <None Include="..\..\certi-HEAD\libHLA\Clock.hh" />
[...]

i.e. the <ClInclude Include ...>
is closed by a
   </ClCompile>

The corresponding source code may be found there:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/?root=certi.

I'm not sure I will have the time to build a smaller example.

Note that the same source tree is working well using any
other CMake generators (Visual Studio or Code::Blocks etc...)
so the problem seems to be particular to VS2010.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org