[CMake] findAtlas cmake

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Tue Nov 2 19:48:22 EDT 2010

Greetings,

I am a  novice  at cmake  and   attempting to compile lapack-3.2.2 on a
computer with these:-
---cpu amd64 2 cores
---BLAS: atlas3.9.26 in /usr/local/atlas
---gcc-4.2.2/gfortran cmake-2.8

here is a list of algebra stuff in /usr/local/atlas/lib
root [ ~ ]# ls /usr/local/atlas/lib
libacml_mp.so  libatlas.a   libcblas.a   libf77blas.a    libptcblas.a
libptf77blas.a
libacml_mv.so  libatlas.so  libcblas.so  libf77blas.so   libptcblas.so
libptf77blas.so
root [ ~ ]#

There is a FindBLAS module in ~share/cmake-2.8/modules  but no search paths
are set   for  linux.
And as a complete ignoramous  I cannot see anywhere one could poke one.

----------Running cmake results in the following:-

-- The Fortran compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /usr/bin/gfortran
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /usr/bin/gfortran  -- works
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether /usr/bin/gfortran supports Fortran 90
-- Checking whether /usr/bin/gfortran supports Fortran 90 -- yes
-- Looking for Fortran cblas_dgemm
-- Looking for Fortran cblas_dgemm - not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindBLAS.cmake:457 (message):
  A required library with BLAS API not found.  Please specify library
  location.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:8 (find_package)

I would be grateful if someone could have a look at their FindBLAS.cmake and
suggest  modifications
that allow  finding atlas libraries  in    /usr/local/atlas.  An alternative
offer of a  findatlas.cmake
 module as loan would also be appreciated.

thanks in advance

sinceely
luxInteg