[CMake] How to force the configure step to start over

tmp template.meta.programmer at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:38:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have got some circular dependencies in my source that origin from
internal cache variables managed in different parts of my project.
Unfortunately there is no correct order to include the subprojects:
Sometimes A B C would be correct, sometimes B C A, sometimes C A B.

At the moment I check, if the affected variables have changed during the
inclusion of the subprojects.
If there has been a change I issue an error message telling the user to
re-run configure.
If the variables have not changed, I can be sure, that all subprojects act
on the same
settings and no error is issued.

I'm looking for a neater solution. Ideally I would want to start over the
configure step, so that
everything works out fine and no direct action from the user is required.

Regards

tmp