[CMake] rpath problems with kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 30 07:53:46 EDT 2010

On 30.06.10 12:07:11, Modestas Vainius wrote:

> > > It shouldn't be empty, it is set in FindKDE4Internal.cmake around line
> 1000:
> > Ah, apparently thats also been patched out by Debian, didn't see that
> > when comparing with the original file...
> >
> > Re-adding that line does work.
>
> Yes, I went to extremes a bit disregarding apparent expectations of users
> installing from source to different prefix. Softened approach (backport from
> trunk) has not made to the archive yet.
>
> However, I still think that KDElibs should stick to cmake defaults with
> respect to RPATH settings giving users freedom to use RPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> or /etc/ld.so.conf.d/. CMAKE*RPATH* look like candidates for users to set
> rather than projects themselves, don't they?

Except that the occassional user of $foo-project has no clue about these
and would have to consult the cmake manpage. And those users also
shouldn't be forced to install into /usr/local either IMHO.

I might agree about not doing this at the kdelibs level, but then it
would've to be duplicated on each module/app...

Andreas

--
You will wish you hadn't.