[CMake] Can't eliminate framework search path from Xcode target

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at verizon.net
Sat Jun 26 20:54:06 EDT 2010

I have a development project I've created which uses CMake 2.8.1 to
configure the project to be build on Mac OS X 10.6.4 using Xcode 3.2.1.

The project has several targets in it.  Two targets share some source
code files.  One of those targets links to some frameworks.  The other
target used to link to framework, and I am now trying to configure it so
it will not link to any frameworks at all.

The current problem I'm having is that whenever any file in this second
project compiles with Xcode, the compiler settings apply the search path
for the frameworks that exist in the project; i.e. the build output for
compiling the file contains something like
"-F/Users/MyAccount/Project/build/Debug" before any other header search
paths are specified.   This causes the source code to find the wrong
headers which are in the framework rather than the desired headers
specified in the header search path.

I have made many attempts and I have yet to figure out how the flag that
specifies the framework search path gets included in the setting that
are used for compiling the target.  The Info pane for the target does
not list the framework search path anywhere in its user interface.  I
have tried using grep to search through all the file in the project file
system.  I cannot find anything that causes this flag to be included for
the target.  It seems that it just magically appears out of no where.

What can I do to eliminate this setting from my build configuration for
the target?