[CMake] Custom memory checking result processing

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jun 25 10:16:38 EDT 2010

For the cmake valgrind dashboard, we use the script seen here:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=647028

If you look at it, you will see that we list a bunch of tools that produce
valgrind output that we are not interested in having show up on the CMake
dashboard.

(For example, /usr/bin/gcc and /usr/bin/c++ are in the list...)

Then, we pass that to valgrind with the
--trace-children-skip=${valgrind_skip} command line flag.

Here's the catch: that's a custom build of valgrind that we have on that
machine that understands this flag. I think Bill Hoffman developed the patch
for that behavior and tried to submit it up to valgrind upstream, but there
was much discussion and no action, if I recall correctly.

Maybe Bill could chime in, or you could take up the question on valgrind's
mailing list....?

HTH,
David

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Johny Jose <Johny.Jose at cern.ch> wrote:

> The frameworks in question are a necessary evil, we cannot do without
them, time and habit will not allow us to work with anything else i guess.
Well i guess i will have to try it out and see what comes of it, will let u
know how successful it is.