[CMake] customize cpack windows installer

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 09:54:37 EDT 2010

2010/6/25 Bo Thorsen <bo at askmonty.org>:
> Den 23-06-2010 23:39, Alexandre Gramfort skrev:
>>
>> I'm deploying a cmake project on windows and I have a few questions
>> concerning the
>> installer generated by cpack using NSIS
>>
>> - is it possible to remove the mention "create desktop icon" since the
>> installer contains only command line tools?
>>
>> - is it possible to provide an installer that works even if the user
>> does not have admin rights?
>>
>> - is it possible to add to the folder in the start menu a link that
>> points to the web site of the project?
>
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> I recently started using CPack for the MariaDB installer, and it's been a
> kind-of bumpy ride so far.
>
> First of all, it's incredibly easy to build a simple installer with CPack
> and NSIS. But as soon as you step beyond the glorified zip file structure,
> it starts getting really hairy.
>
> I can't answer any of your questions, because I haven't tried to do those
> things. But I can tell you what I do when I try to find solutions to
> problems:
>
> 1) Search the net
> 2) Ask questions on the mailing list. One question per mail only! This looks
> like it gives the best answers, when answers are given.
> 3) Read the file ...\CMake 2.8\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\NSIS.template.in to
> try and figure out what happens and what you can or can't do.

Many questions about CPack + NSIS have been raised on teh ML,
many answers have been givent too. But it may be sparsy because some
"looking familiar" questions are being asked again.

May be some if not all CPack + NSIS users may start to improve the Wiki
with their CPack + NSIS experience?

Basic CPack may be put here
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackConfiguration

NSIS Specifics may be put there:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#NSIS

Or may be we should start a "One page per generator"?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org