[CMake] Better BlueGene/P and cross-compile support for CMake

Todd Gamblin tgamblin at llnl.gov
Thu Jun 24 22:05:22 EDT 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 1:52 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>>> And the FindMPI module claims that it can't find the '-inux-g++'
>>> library, or something similar.  I was able to fix this by modifying
>>> FindMPI's search to look for -l only when it's followed by a space.
>>> This is a little worrisome because I think that is a standard gnu
>>> naming convention, so other platforms with compilers named blah-linux
>>> are going to have the same bug.
>>
>> That is a known bug. I've filed it in the bug tracker
>> http://*www.*vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=9093. I've also uploaded a patch
>> (take the second one), that fixes that problem.
>
> In the bug report you say "This patch is NOT heavily tested!"
>
> Is this still true ?
>
> Alex

This patch does fix that particular issue with FindMPI on BlueGene/P.  I'd suggest adding (^| ) to the regexes for the various other flag checks in FindMPI, too.  As others have mentioned, I could imagine things on a link line that contain, say, "foo-Linux" or "foo-Darwin", which would break the -L and -D searches.

-Todd