[CMake] Open bugs in 2.8.2-rc3

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Jun 23 15:33:25 EDT 2010

On 6/23/2010 2:14 PM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I checked 2.8.2-rc2 last week and had a quick look on the changes mentioned
> for rc3. So here is a collection of "my" open bugs:
>
> -0010476 No program output if CTest aborts test with timeout

This is really hard to fix, a patch would be welcome.

> -0007866 64 Bit platform is not reported correctly on Windows64
>     Bug report includes a patch that at least changes the CTest host
>     description to "Win64" if using MSVC 64 bit compilers
> -0007944 MSVC_VERSION is not set for Visual Studio 6
>     This includes a fix that solves this. That stands against "Set MSVC*
>     variables consistently on all generators, and test" which was announced
>     to be fixed in rc1, but my test with MSVC6 and rc2 (-G "Visual Studio 6")
>     shows that in that case MSVC_VERSION is still not set.
> -0007925  Time zone is reported in local
> -0008943  NMake Makefiles does not include files with uppercase extensions
>     I've not checked this explicitely but there is nothing in the logs that
>     shows that as fixed and the bug report is still open.

These are all good patches, and should be merged into next soon, but
since they are not regressions (i.e. most of them have been in CMake for
years), I don't want to hold up the release testing them.

> What about 10502 and 10481 (MSVC 10 support)? There is a note in 10481 that
> suggests that this is at least partially fixed, is this confirmed? Otherwise
> MSVC10 is rather unusable with CMake projects.

These should be fixed.  We were able to build paraview without a problem
with VS 2010.

-Bill