[CMake] USER_MAKE_RULES_OVERRIDE not used in initial try_compile

David Genest david.genest at ubisoft.com
Tue Jun 22 12:34:54 EDT 2010

Re-posting for attention :-) thanks

D.

-----Original Message-----
From: cmake-bounces at cmake.org [mailto:cmake-bounces at cmake.org] On Behalf Of David Genest
Sent: 11 juin 2010 12:35
To: cmake at cmake.org
Subject: [CMake] USER_MAKE_RULES_OVERRIDE not used in initial try_compile

Hi,

I am modifying the toolchain used to create a build on PlayStation 3 using USER_MAKE_RULES_OVERRIDE variable. This setting is not taken into account in the try_compile that cmake runs to verify the toolchain. This makes cmake fail on linking because some windows specific link commands get added to the build. (PS3 builds are made through an integration with visual studio so some parts get detected as a windows-cl platform which it is not.)

I think this is a bug in cmake and I have attached a patch to fix it.

The patch also contains a fix for generating valid build files on ps3: the comma separator between defines is not supported in a ps3 build, and by experimentation, the semicolon fixes it and is also supported by visual studio 9 2008 and by memory it works also on 2005.

The patch is against 2.8.0, but I checked the gitweb repo and the related files have not changed in 2.8.1

Please comment.

D.