[CMake] Searching the mailing list archives

Bo Thorsen bo at askmonty.org
Tue Jun 22 10:11:28 EDT 2010

Den 22-06-2010 06:06, Michael Hertling skrev:
> On 06/22/2010 05:51 AM, Philip Boltt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to search the entire mailing list archive? The archive link
>> (http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/) goes to a page that seems to require
>> going into each month individually and searching the thread subjects?

Search for anything on goole and add
"site:http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/" in the search field. For
example, to search for cross-compiling, enter

"cross-compiling site:http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/"

in the google search field, and you get this:

http://www.google.dk/search?q=cross-compiling+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.cmake.org%2Fpipermail%2Fcmake%2F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:da:official&client=firefox-a

The site: tells google to only consider URLs that contain this. I also
use this to search for something in another country - site:co.uk if I
want something in Great Brittain. (Yes, I know some there also has other
domains, but for some searches that's not a problem).

> <http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Where_can_I_find_searchable_CMake_Mailing_Archives.3F>

I think my answer here could be appended to that list of options.

Bo Thorsen.
Monty Program AB.

--

MariaDB: MySQL replacement
Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.