[CMake] One last try

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jun 21 11:36:06 EDT 2010

On 6/21/2010 9:59 AM, Gerry Weaver wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Thank you for your replies.
>
> The cmake command fails when trying to compile the test file. It says it
> cannot find kernel32.lib. I can compile and link without cmake just
> fine. Any ideas?

Did you run this exact command line:

   cl foo.cxx kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib
    ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib

Again:

  Are you using the Express or professional version of VS 2008?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowssdk/archive/2008/02/22/using-visual-c-2008-express-with-the-windows-sdk-detailed-version.aspx

 >     Make sure you run CMake and your compiler from a shell that has
all the
 >     environment that cl needs to run.

-Bill