[CMake] ctest meant to be re-entrant?

Convey, Christian J CIV NUWC NWPT christian.convey at navy.mil
Mon Jun 21 11:21:51 EDT 2010

I'm having trouble getting my mind around how CTest is intended to be used.  Could someone explain this to me?

When you embed ctest-related statements into a CMakeLists.txt file, and then run cmake on that file, you produce a "CTestConfig.cmake" file.  This file is eventually executed by "ctest".

But ctest also has the ability to run "cmake".  In the worst-case (in my mind) scenario, this ultimately leads to "ctest" causing the rewriting of the very "CTestConfig.cmake" file that it's presently executing.

Is this intended?  Or does it lie outside of the intended ways of using ctest?