[CMake] plugin dependencies and TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES()

Tue Jun 15 12:48:04 EDT 2010

How do i inform cmake when building a module that it depends on another
module? Does cmake need to even know that?

I am building a plugin based qt application (my first time with plugins) and my
situlation like with many other applications is that plugin A depends on
plugin B. In my application i take care to load plugin B before A. However,
in B. plugin B which only depends on the application loads fine.

Now, everything works fine if i declare that plugin A depends on B using the
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES() function. But for this to work, i have to declare both
A and B as SHARED instead of MODULE libraries.

What is the right way to go? I believe that since my application loads B
before A, B should not fail to load and there really should be no need for the
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES() call.
--
Cheers!
Kishore