[CMake] When does fixup_bundle copy or not copy a library

Thu Jun 10 16:24:20 EDT 2010

I had an issue with fixup_bundle skipping copying and fixing up a
library upon which my application depended.

This library's source was in a subdirectory of the application's build
directory, and named in an add_subdirectory clause.

My fixup_bundle recipe worked fine except for this one library.

I managed to get thing fixed by removing the install command from the
library's CMakeLists.txt file, and deleting the library that had
already been installed.  This (I guess) forced the application to link
to the locally built library.

I don't know if I'm explaining this clearly but the executive summary
is this: my application linked to a library, but fixup_bundle skipped
copying the library to the bundle directory and fixing up that
library's dependencies.  And I don't know why that is the case.

Any ideas? Do I need to explain myself better?